Monday, July 27, 2015

Candles



S ometime over the last year, my dad purchased natural oils for scented oil burners. I had heard that candles were cancerous, and while I thought something of it, it was not one of my greatest concerns. We hear that almost everything sold in stores is cancerous in some regard. However, there was still plently of caution on my end in terms of lighting candles. When I really took the time to educate myself was during a recent dinner that my sister lit a candle for the burner in order to obtain a pleasant aroma. I knew that the oil was natural, and because of this I could not get my eyes off the burner's backside, which concealed (from where I was sitting), what I knew was far from natural. My research from that night is what inspired this video.

Update: My younger sister has informed me that I incorrectly pronounced paraffin. I realize that it was fairly ignorant on my part to not have checked the pronunciation beforehand for one of the central terms used in my video, and I'll surely be on the lookout for those British-accented "a" sounds in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment