Thursday, July 23, 2015

Strawberry-Vanilla Summer Oatmeal (Overnight Oats, no-cook)



I made this last night because we have a ton of strawberries in the refrigerator. They are at the point where they have started to get soft and they're just not that great on their own anymore. For some reason, dad won't touch them. So it's up to me to finish them.


Servings: 3-4
Although, I ended up eating 1/4 of the jar in the morning with a large banana, and the rest for dinner. xD

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 c oats (I used quick-cook steel-cut)
  • 1/4 c chia seeds
  • 1 1/2-2 c almond milk (This depends on how thick/thin you want it)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 c strawberries, sliced
  • 3-4 T maple syrup

I created separate layers for the chia and oats in order to make it more aesthetically pleasing, but I recommend mixing together the oats, chia seeds, almond milk and vanilla in a jar.
Add the strawberries.
And then pour the maple syrup at the very top (I do this because sugar is used to preserve fruit, and I'm under the impression that maple syrup would have a similar effect due to its natural sugar content).
Place the lid on the jar, and pop in the fridge overnight.

Note: I didn't, but I'm betting this would taste great if you blended it in the morning as a smoothie/smoothie bowl.


No comments:

Post a Comment